Open source video processing
Hot news from our open source imaging labs. In our quest for HD capable embedded computers we came across a very interesting board called Leopard Board. The Leopard Board is an open source embedded computer from Leopard Imaging that you can buy for $99. The standard package also includes a VGA camera but you can also buy higher resolution cameras up to 5 megapixels. The Leopard Board features a TMS320DM355 digital media SoC from Texas Instruments, which is based on their DaVinci media technology. In addition to an ARM9 core, the TMS320DM355 includes:
I will be fun to explore the application possibilities of the Leopard Board both within and outside the Google Lunar X PRIZE. We'll post updates as we make progress.
We also have some other interesting boards on their way based on the even more powerful OMAP3x processors. More on that later!
- MPEG4 SP Codec at HD (720p), D1, VGA, SIF
- JPEG Codec up to 50M Pixels per Second
- Video Processing Subsystem, both front end (video in) and back end (video out)
- All sorts of digital input/output that you can use for connecting it to other on-board devices (memory, UART, I2C, PWM, ...)
- Audio in/out – okay, you won't need this on the moon but it's fun to play with (singing rover?)
- Configurable Power-Saving Modes
- Runs linux
Team Blog Posts
March 26, 2013
March 21, 2013
March 20, 2013
March 19, 2013